WARNING: This blog will use some curse words here and there (what can I say, I like to "spice" things up), so viewers discretion is advised.

Friday, 10 September 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone, welcome to my blog, and thanks in advance for stopping by!
For those wondering, you can safely assume that this blog will contain things about Runescape, and you'd be right, 100% right in fact. The purpose of this blog will be to document the progress of my character, which, for now, I'm still without membership. I might try the 7 days free membership though before I pay for the real thing. That is, if I can even afford it at this time. You know, economic crysis and shit.

Brief story on my experience with the game: I used to play this game a few years back (5 IIRC), meaning, back then there was no Grand Exchange, lots and lots of people at the Wilderness and scamming was plentiful. I got into the game as a friend of mine told me he knew a "cool game where you can make weapons and armor and stuff, and the world is pretty big", and since I'm a major RPG geek, I had to see the game for myself, and the game was pretty fun. Back then I had a really crap computer and didn't even have internet, so I usually played at the nearby cybercafe.I t wasn't cheap, 1 hour = 2€, and eventually I found one that was much cheaper, 2 hours = 0,75€. However, that soon stopped being a problem, because after a month my parents decided to purchase internet service, and even though the service wasn't that great and we got a better one months later, it still was pretty damn good. That was my ticket to play Runescape for hours without paying per hour or two. When my character reached level 48, someone from my friends list managed to steal my password. I'll admit that, back then, I wasn't the smartest pickle in the jar, if you know what I mean, so looking back at that day, it wasn't a surprise that it happened, hell, I'm more admired how I didn't get hacked sooner.
I always had issues with the playerbase of the game, since it was (and still is) populated by a LOT of underaged wannabe internet tough guys, but there are some exceptional people. Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I played this game, so I don't remember anyone from my old friends list, and they wouldn't remember me as well. I also had huge quarrels with the developers of the game, as I always got pissed how they only updated daily for members, while the rest could eat dirt. Again, I have to admit that, back then, my brain wasn't fully developed (and sometimes I still think it needs more time to mature, but I digress), so I couldn't really reach the conclusion that they obviously only updated for them because they're their costumers, they're the ones keeping the boat floating, while the rest is just to polish and to scrub the deck.

(Brief story my ass, this looks more like a fucking will than a short story.)

Anyway, I wished I had this idea before making my character, as he's already at level 30, 218 overall, but believe me, you didn't miss much, just some tedious grinding and some trading at the Grand Exchange. You know, what most people do when they start a new character (or at least I assume that's what they do, since it's easy, doesn't take much time, and it's quite profitable).

This is going to end this gargantuan introduction post, as I don't have anything else to say, at least on this post here. If anyone wants to chat with me in-game, just find "Rsraven90". Hope I'll be able to find some of you people online! :)

(The fuck is wrong with me? This is an introduction post and I'm already revealing my character's name, go me!)

1 comment:

  1. it wasn't a surprise that it happened, hell, I'm more admired how I didn't get hacked sooner.runescape gold

    ReplyDelete