I finished the quests I mentioned on my previous post (Demon Slayer and Rune Mysteries), and I started mining for rune essence, and I think I mined around 300 of it, but then got bored. Sure, it gives a nice amount of money, but I really wanted to do something I felt it wasn't as boring, so I went ahead and did some research on recommended training areas for Attack, Strength and Defense, and after some 5 minutes searching, decided to pay a visit to Hill Giants, and I just love that area. They have a lot of health, thus, more XP for me, the gold they drop isn't bad, they can drop Law, Nature and Cosmic runes, the big bones are also pretty awesome, both for Priest levels and to sell, and finally, the limpwurt roots sell for a good amount of money, 1216gp each currently.
After about 1 hour of hunting them, reached 37 Attack, but I stopped killing them because I ran out of food, so it was time to deposit and sell the things I earned, and I managed to make my first 100k gp. Sure, it's nothing special for a lot of players, as they probably get that in a few minutes, but for me, that's a milestone, and the best thing to do is, obviously, to waste it right away to train Smithing.
...Right?
Because I can't stand mining in this game (and I played Ultima Online for two years on T2A and I'm complaining about mining? Oh, the irony!), I went ahead and bought a bunch of tin and copper ore so I can smelt that into bronze bars, and hopefully, all the ore I bought will be enough to bring me to level 15, because after reaching that point I can simply complete a quest that'll bring me up to 31 Smithing right away.
But now I'm thinking I shouldn't have wasted all that gold on the ore and just keep getting more to be able to buy rune equipment later on. Ah well, at least now I can kind of get it back through rune essence, albeit it is a bit boring, but hell, it gives me XP in Mining. I'll have to find some other source of income, but this will do for the time being.
No comments:
Post a Comment