WARNING: This blog will use some curse words here and there (what can I say, I like to "spice" things up), so viewers discretion is advised.

Saturday, 11 September 2010

Update #3 - Mazes and Monsters

Truth be told, the Stronghold of Security isn't a maze, but I didn't had any other title in mind.
I stopped training Fishing and currently it's at 42, which is enough to fish for lobsters, and that's going to be my main food for when I face tough enemies, and I'll probably still use trout and salmon for when I go train against lower leveled mobs. After I stopped, I decided it was time to train Attack, Strength and Defense, since they were still low, and at the same time, I could make some nice cash at the Stronghold of Security.
From Karamja I went to the Barbarian Village, where usually other people drop some fish, and I would simply pick it up and cook it at Peksa's store, go down the hole, committ genocide against the minotaurs, and when I started running low on food, I would simply go back up and repeat the process. After a while they won't hit you very often, although they would still hit me for 26 HP, and sometimes they would do 3-4 hits in a row, but other than that, it was smooth sailing. Decided to go up to 30 in those 3 skills, so I could use adamantite equipment. Down there, I would pick up the bones they dropped (I think I leveled about 6 Prayer levels), the gold and the iron arrows. At the Grand Exchange, they sell for about 26gp, so if you have 400 of those arrows, and the minotaurs drop them frequently, that's 10400gp of profit, not bad for someone still starting. The problem is getting a room of minotaurs that's not already crowded with people. I don't understand why someone would go to the first level of that dungeon to kill level 12 minotaurs; their loot isn't great, and they can't stand that many hits, and yet they don't go down deeper where there are stronger monsters, thus, more XP.
After reaching 30 Attack, Strength and Defense, I went ahead and bought adamantite equipment. I don't know if this is normal, but there doesn't seem to be many people selling a lot of adamantite gear, as it took a couple of hours before starting to get what I wanted, rune gear seems to be selling well though, so I shouldn't have a problem finding that when I get to that point.
I should start doing quests, now that I think about it. So far I've only done those piss-easy ones, like The Blood Pact and The Restless Ghost. Maybe I'll tackle Demon Slayer next (fuck you mage with your "bring me 24 sets of bones!"), and after that, Rune Mysteries, meaning, another way to make some cash. We'll see if I actually feel like making those ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment